WHAT IS I-20 Form?
The I-20 is a form/document that is issued by the university/school where you accept an admit.
This university is generally a SEVP-VERIFIED SCHOOL.
The I-20 form includes your SEVIS ID and School Code
WHAT DOES THE I-20 Form CONTAIN?
In June 2015, a new format was introduced.
This new I-20 form now contains 3 pages:
- SEVIS ID
- The student’s complete information (Full Name, DOB, Nationality etc)
- The Visa Class (F/M)
- The School Information (Name, Address, SEVIS code etc)
- Information about the program (Name, Start date, estimated length etc)
- Financial information regarding the first year of the course
- Additional Remarks
- School Attestation signed and dated by the Designated School Official
- Student attestation signed and dated by the student
- Information about OPT i.e employment authorization
- Information on change of visa status (post OPT)
- Event history table
- Othe authorizations table
- Travel signatures
Here’s a SAMPLE of the I-20 form.